Guide for Patients
- To those who make the first visit to us for medical treatment
- To those who re-visit us for consultation
- Hospitalization & Visitors
- Emergency medical treatment
Request for a referral letterWe ask those who visit us as outpatients to bring a referral letter (patient's referral document) issued by primary care doctors or neighboring hospitals or clinics.
To those who re-visit us for consultation
Please confirm the outpatient consultation schedule in advance (Outpatient Consultation Schedule), as some clinical departments may be closed for examinations or operations.
Every Saturday, Sunday, National Holidays, Substitute Holidays, and the year-end and New Year holidays
- Please note that your consultation may be before or after your appointment time depending on the situation of consultation.
Reception Hours: from 8:30 a.m. ~ 11.00 a.m./1:00 p.m. ~ 3:00 p.m. on weekdays.
- *Please confirm the outpatient consultation schedule in advance (Outpatient Consultation Schedule), as some clinical departments may be closed for examinations or operations.
For appointment of your re-visit, cancellation or change of your appointment, please contact us through the Contact Form.
Special or Specified Medical Care Coverage at the Re-Visits
We obtained approval for a Regional Medical Care Support Hospital from the Tokyo Metropolitan Government on August 28, 2019. With this approval, it will be required for us to apply the “Special or Specified Medical Care Coverage at the hospital Re-Visits” for the following patients.
- ① A patient who wishes to continuously receive medical treatment at our hospital, regardless of offer by our doctor to refer to another medical institution when the medical condition becomes stable.
- ② A patient who makes a re-visit to us without a referral letter after having been referred to another medical institution by our doctor.
Please note that the following amount will be incurred by patients who falls into ① or ② at each visit to us.
|Amount||JPY 4,000 (excluding Tax)|
We will endeavor to provide you with medical services requested by our local community while closely collaborating with regional medical institutions.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
Waiting Room: How you will be called in and how to read display panels
Those who visit us with appointments should first go to the respective outpatient receptions. You will receive a “consultation ticket” that shows a name of department and a name of doctor.
- Please wait nearby your consultation room, the number of which is shown on your Consultation Ticket. You can check the number of patients who are waiting for each of consultation rooms on a display panel located in each waiting room. You can also check the rough indication of orders of consultation by “outpatient waiting room searching terminals”.
- In principle, we do not call patients by name. Please enter the consultation room when your Consultation Number is shown on the display in front of your consultation room, and you hear the bell ringing.
Please note order to be called in to the consultation room may be changed for various factors such as patients under condition of emergency.